ONLINE CLASSES GUIDANCE & WAIVER
These online general mat work sessions are not a replacement for working out with a teacher in person. If you have any medical problems please ensure you have consulted with your Doctor or medical practitioner first to check you are healthy enough to participate.
- *PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE ONLINE WAIVER.
- Do not attend these general fitness Pilates classes if you are in pain, pregnant or newly postnatal.
General Guidelines for taking care of your body (non specific, general help only)
- If you have a neck issue, use a rolled up towel or pillow and keep your head down, and avoid twisting neck. Also check out shoulder protocol below and neck issues often are coupled to shoulder also.
- If you have a lower back issue- keep your back flat, no arching in extension. Lower the load of your legs to feet on floor or knees all the way into chest, avoid two long straight legs.
- If you have a shoulder issue- do not take arms up past shoulder height, avoid circling arms.
- If you have hip issues – don’t bring hips past 90 degrees flexion.
- If you have knee issues – don’t pull on knees, hold hands behind knees, and also avoid knee flexion past 90 degrees. Avoid kneeling.
- If you have wrist issues – avoid hands and knees exercises or work on your forearms.
- Osteoporosis or Osteopaenia- we advise you working with a straight, non rounded, mid/upper back, so modify as necessary.
- For any exercise on the day- if in doubt, leave it out.
Terms and Conditions and Liability
Liability: Your agreement to taking part in a video means that you agree to the following: I understand that I have enrolled in a online video hub for Pilates at beginner to improver level including but not limited to body-conditioning apparatus and/or tools or equipment used during our Pilates workouts. I hereby absolve Exercise Therapy Online and Zoe George from any responsibility for injuries I might sustain while practicing the Pilates method of body conditioning or any actions learned with Exercise Therapy Online. I hereby release for myself, my heirs and assigns, Exercise Therapy Online (incl Zoe George) from any claims, demands and causes of actions arising from my participation in an exercise program / class / video. By receiving these registration notes and joining the Pilates Hub, you are agreeing to this Liability Information. This will act as your continued agreement to all ensuing sessions, workshops and/or seminars whether in person, video or via Zoom.